Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I am one proud motherfucker!


Holy shit! This is a week that I'm glad my job is sorta a clusterfuck so that I have no brain capacity to be an emotional wreck. You see, I have a kid graduating from high school.

I have a kid graduating from high school!!!

Deep breath...

O.k....

One more deep breath...

I can barely write two words without my eyes tearing up so I'll just power through this like Bruce Willis*. Alex has been a rock for me in ways no teen should need to be. And it's not like he didn't have his own shit to deal with. If there was an award for "Weathering Questionable Parenting and Coming Out Of It Like a BOSS!" it should be given to this person. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, STS (so to speak**). I cannot say enough amazing things about Alex in one blog post. It would be so many computers long. All of your mebs and kebs would be depleted.

Oh, did I mention that Alex is a Horace Mann Fellow which is the equivalent of full paid tuition to Antioch College? There's that.

But wait, that's not all!


Nora is "graduating" from eighth grade! It sort of sucks that Alex's thing upstages Nora's thing, but if I can take a minute to tell you about the person that started at GEMS and the person that is ending at GEMS then you would say, "No way, that is not the same person!" Nora has surprised us in ways that we couldn't have even imagined. She started the program as a "special ed" kid and has emerged as one of the best students at the school. Her test scores in some areas are even ABOVE the state averages. She has worked her ass off and has impressed the shit out of everyone. I am proud of her beyond measure. She makes teachers weep***!


O.k, Wallace is Peck is not a spawn of mine, but I have worked very closely with him for years and he is one of my best friends. I am so proud of him, and I cannot WAIT until Friday when I get to accompany him to his opening at Lindsay Gallery where he will smile (a smile that will melt your soul) at his fans and be humble and be charming and be amazing.

Did I mention that he's sold SIX paintings so far and the show has yet to begin!!!???




*There are ZERO Bruce Willis films that sucked. Die Hard #1 opened me up to a genre of films that I previously was uninterested in. He is a hero.

**Is STS a thing yet? I mean, aren't shithead fake literary people using "so to speak" like ALL THE TIME? I think if YOLO is a thing then STS should be a thing.

***This is a true story. At one of her teacher meetings one of her teachers was in actual tears explaining how awesome Nora was.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful!!! So happy for all of you. Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (oh, heck--by referring back to last post, I lost what I wrote for this post, Ahhhhh. Begin again.) I had flashbacks when I read last post about the work that gets done when anticipating gatherings (and imagined criticism an/or judgement by certain attendees) For years that's how anything got done around our house. Sons' b'days are 2 weeks apart, so we always had a "Big Birthday Bash" every summer. Walls got painted, windows washed, weeds got whacked, etc. etc. Then , eventually, came grad parties, 1 yr. apart(and I'd worked at a catering co. for several years, so food HAD to be ...wonderful!)
    Nowadays, my standards for housekeeping are so much more relaxed..if it doesn't stink, and I'm not stepping in wet spots or sticking to the floor, well, I've got better things to do*. (unless kids or sisters are coming, then I get off my butt and dust and wash all fabrics that collect cat fuzz, wash floors, etc.) They don't come that often (thank goodness! *B.T.T.D.)

    And for most recent post: Oh, your heart can hardly contain such joy--full to bursting...one little birdie soon to leave the nest and other strengthening her wings, cause she's gonna fly too, some day. I love it when goodness, and talent, and hard work KICK ASS! Tuition and certificates to authenticate it, too! (SO THERE!) "Questionable Parenting", my ass! Way to go, family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment Mary Jo! You are awesome!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete