|Illustration by Frances Brundage (1854–1937)|
Because I thrive on disappointment and regret, I have decided to again make some New Year's resolutions. But this year I'm punching Baby New Year in his wee noisemaker and keeping things on the list a bit mo' real. "Aim low!" That's my motto for 2013.
- Step up the "Don't Have Children, Get a Dog!" campaign among new couples or anyone planning on procreating. This was my 2012 brainchild that had only just begun to take form. I'm planning on maybe a book or a website or at least a mission statement for the sometime distant future. Or not. "Aim low!"
- Write a book. Or start a book. Or think about a book. Maybe write an outline. Whatever...
- Work out at least 30 minutes a week.
- See a minimum of one doctor.
- Plan my funeral slide show. You never know! I want to be ready. And I want it to have cat breading.
- And on that note... Create an urn for my dead, cremated self.
- Find another pair of perfect work pants and perhaps burn current work pants.
- Figure out a way to make a few more thousand dollars. Or a few more dollars.
- Take down my Etsy site until I have something worthwhile to sell. No planned date for that.
- Fix one thing that is falling apart in my house.
...And THAT ladies and gentlemen is how you write a New Year's resolution list.