Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ashes to Ashes...

Visit dodevent.blogspot.com for more info!


I am again blessed to participate in one of my favorite art shows of all year (see link above or on the side bar for more info). To couple the creation of artwork with an event that celebrates the remembrance of parted loved ones is a match made in heaven for me. For this year I am creating two remembrance tree sculptures. They will explore the theme of birth-life-death-resurrection that often emerges in my work. Huge thanks to Kat Moya for once again allowing me to participate. This event is always an emotional experience for me, and to contribute in a substantial way is a true honor.


"Forasmuch as it hath pleased Almighty God of his great mercy to take unto himself the soul of our dear brother here departed, we therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life, through our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall change our vile body, that it may be like unto his glorious body, according to the mighty working, whereby he is able to subdue all things to himself."

-Book of Common Prayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment