Monday, June 4, 2012

Farm Envy

Wallace made out like a rock star at the Columbus Arts Festival this weekend. It was an incredibly soul-lifting experience and he is my number-one hero.

But holy shit, getting him ready was a lot of work, and moving his stuff from point A to point B then from point B and back again has my 40+ body in need of repair. So I took today off to take a beautiful drive with Davey to Wapakoneta to pick up the step kids at their wonderful farm.

I think in a few years I will be ready to get out of the city and be a farm person. I would like to have a guinea pig village and some tiny pigs and lots of chickens and a pond with ducks and fields and fields of purple flowers and some fruit trees. OH, AND A SHEEP!!! And I want there to be metal things everywhere covered in glorious rust!!!

Guinea Hens!

Mr. Guinea Stud!

I LOVE DUCKS!!!

Some other chicken-y birds!

OMG! A WIENER!

Cool farm-y stuff!

Bunnies!

Awesome rusty things!

I don't know what this is, but I love it!

Tire swing!

Holy SHIT! PIGS!!!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow that looks fun! Speaking of cows, where were all the cows? I guess the pigs do make up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't know what it is"...

    It's a wheel hub... or, if you clean the dirt out of the central art, a really nifty candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics! We never had a tire swing on our farm. If it didn't make Dad money, he wouldn't allow it.

    ReplyDelete