Sunday, June 10, 2012

But We're So Happy


I can't tell you the last time I've been in the house by myself for this long. I get a little touched in the head when I'm left with my own thoughts for company. It's like a Tim Burton movie up inside there with the colors all desaturated, some oversaturated, and some serious overacting. I don't NOT like being a nutter... But I think if left alone for too long I will start dissecting pets or eating raw meat.

So anyway...

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I suck and that if I'm ever caught making claims on this blog about what I plan to accomplish please remind me that almost ALL of my ideas almost NEVER come to pass. Holy shit, I feel like I'm 9 years old. You know when you used to go to your parents every other week and tell them you were going to be like King of Azeroth or a train conductor or some such thing when in reality you probably grew up to be an accountant?

Sometimes we dream too big.

"Sharon, maybe you should just make stuff, then if you like it you can share it?"

"O.k., I think I'll try that."

But I won't make any promises. Except to dance to Joy Division.

4 comments:

  1. "There is one quality I find in all the artists I admire most...a disturbing element, a distortion, giving evidence of a struggle of some sort." - Henry More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan, that quote totally made my day!

    You rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second other sharon, make things and if you like them you can share them!

    Also, I do the same thing- last time I lived alone for a few months I ended up cutting my own hair, making entire meals out of peanut butter and pretty much stopped wearing pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're my friend, Cat! You make my soul laugh!

    ReplyDelete