Monday, April 9, 2012

Maggot Monday!

Gross! Flies!

Plop! There's our little guy!

Getting all cleaned up!

Smile!
So sometimes when friends find interesting creatures dead on the pavement they find their way to my desk in a baggie. My co-worker found this adorable little guy behind our studio and she knew that I'd want him (her?) for my collection. But he was fresh and quickly starting to rot. Gotta hurry! I took him home and covered him in rock salt to dry him out and preserve him for display. A month later I freed him from his casket and EWWW! Flies! Apparently the little guy had maggots that I wasn't savvy to and during my little bat's cloistering they matured and rose to the top as flies who unfortunately (fortunately?) found their demise.

Haven't come up with a name yet. If you have any ideas, feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. Years go, I found a dead bat in Texas in the middle of summer... perfectly mummified. I've had "him" in a jar (Tennessee is far more humid than south Texas) since then, and he's still in perfect shape.

    ReplyDelete