Sunday, September 5, 2010

Puppets!




The m-f-ing show is finally installed along with a seriously cheesyish goth window display with !20 YARDS! of black tulle that we put together. Holy crap! All of our stuff looks so cool with each other's stuff! I looove Kelson's (that's him in the picture up there) and Paul's puppets, but I had no idea the mind-blowingness of seeing so many awesome things in one space. I can't wait to see what people think. I only had three sock puppets totally completed, so I put those on their stands, and the other three will be there on Wednesday (the store is closed Monday and Tuesday). There will be a few other things too, I think. Now, to prepare my dummy Ambrose for his performance!


More puppet news! At Open Door Art Studio I've been working with my friend Randall making finger puppets based on his drawings. We've been selling these little creations called "Ran-Dollz" for ten bucks a pop. They're pretty cute. Randall picks the sketch to use, the fabric, the notions, then I just sew it up for him. If you're in the market for a finger puppet, totally stop by and take a look. Try to come by in the afternoon (1:30-4:30 T-F) so you can meet Randall, he totally rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment